The easiest way to save money on your car insurance is by shopping around for multiple quotes. Here is a handy reference with links to multiple large, reputable insurance companies. Remember that insurance companies change rates often (as often as every 6 months) and can target specific groups with artificially low rates. Come back to this page once or twice a year and go through the quote process to ensure you are getting the best deal!
Steps for efficiently getting auto insurance quotes
- Gather the information needed ahead of time. Sign up for our email list to get a free worksheet that will help you catalog this data.
- Next, pick two or thee companies (at least) from the list, and click through to their quote engine.
- Keep notes of the ones that have low quotes that aren’t the lowest because you’ll want to check these again next time you look.
- Most of all, if the quote comes in lower than your current rate, lock in the savings!
- Put the completed form in your safe so that you can reuse it in 6 months.